Thursday, April 18, 2002

Hair Cut and Joe and Sheri Take On Emma

Wednesday night found me buzzing Jed's hair. I tried to warn him that I am NOT a beautician but he insists. So out come the clippers and after a few minor gouges, his hair is done! Kyla, Jed and Emma stay for spaghetti and Jed secretly cries in a corner about his hair. I guess maybe this haircut doesn't qualify for the sexy messy look.

Today Joe and Sheri Rose decide to spend a fun relaxing afternoon with Emma. First they arrive at 11:30 to take Kyla and Emma to lunch at Torero's. You would think that would begin to get them worried about how much chasing they might have to do, but the blinders were on! They take her to feed the ducks. I am not sure who came away more tired...Joe, Sheri or the ducks. After of course plying Emma with M&M's and I am sure, ice cream, Sheri spent most of her time chasing after Emmy taking things out of her hands as fast as she could pick them up. Then up the stairs and down they came with straw hats on and a couple of calls to Grandad at work to say "Howdy, Howdy". Actually I think Joe needed a rest so he had to get on the phone with Dave. I heard that a couple of times Sheri's eyes started to close and Joe, in a panic, kept shaking her to make sure she didn't leave him to run a losing race with a 2 year old. So after a nice "relaxing" afternoon of songs, running and I am sure "I can do it myself" from Emma, Sheri brought her home. Joe had to take a nap so he stayed home. I think that maybe they want two or three kids of their own now.

BUT Emma loved it and had so much fun.

Thanks Joe and Sheri.

No comments: