Thursday, August 3, 2006

Good Days

Kyla had a good day yesterday. I even managed to convince her to let me take her outside for a walk in the wheel chair. Maybe she remembers me giving Emmy a ride on her tricycle and crashing on the way downhill in our driveway several years ago and was afraid of my driving! But she just chuckled when I reminded her of that episode....can you imagine how dumb I looked? But we did walk in the sunshine and there was a wonderful breeze. When we came back up on the deck she decided she wanted to sit in the swing with me so we stayed out there for about an hour and had a chance to talk and I could tell her how much I love her and will miss her, my little girl. This brought both of us to tears and she said she would miss her girls the most. Since her surgery in March she has not cried or been able to feel much emotion about things. The surgery and disease had affected her judgement, emotions, etc. so this was good to see that she really does feel things, just not in the way we remembered. Barb and Kalli brought us dinner that evening and after eating she was pretty wiped out and went to bed.

Today she spent most of the day sleeping after her shower. That seems to make her so tired and relaxed each day. Shirley, the hospice nurse made a visit this afternoon and showed me some exercises to do with her arms and legs and ordered the medications we were running out of. Kyla stayed awake most of the late afternoon so that she could see her cousin, Eric and his girlfriend, Stephanie in the evening. After they left she was very tired and so I got her ready for bed and she is now sleeping peacefully.

Little Lucy loving her momma on the day Kyla left for Disneyland

Grandpa Leroy with Lucy and Emma during his visit to Kyla

Addie Mae and Kalli posing before swimming on a very hot day

Vonda with the girls, Lucy, Lexie and Addie Mae

Emmy posing before swimming....check out her cool goggles!

A toothy grin from Lucy

Byron and Lucy get a ride from Uncle Brian (aka Uncle Handsome)

Byron with the cows

Byron takes a swim

No comments: